Welcome! At times, we can all benefit from discussing important issues with a caring, insightful, objective, and non-judgmental professional, in a safe and calm setting. If this is one of those times in your life, and you’re considering counseling or therapy, I commend you for your courage and good instincts.
In my practice, I work primarily with adults–individuals and couples. The types of cases I see most frequently, include:
- Marriage Counseling
- Relationships, Pre-Marital Counseling
- Panic Attacks
- Grief & Loss
- Handling Change & Making Important Decisions
- Personal Growth
- Mid-Life Transition & Reassessment
- Philosophical & Existential Issues
To get the most out of your counseling experience, it’s important that you find a professional whose approach feels right to you. People are different–including counselors–and a good counselor for one person may not be a good counselor for another. Although the only real way to know whether you’d be comfortable with a particular counselor is to meet with him or her, you can begin to assess his or her compatibility with your needs by understanding a little about that counselor’s approach. Here are significant elements of my approach:
- Gentle & Empathic
- Research-based Techniques
- Cognitive Therapy Techniques (when relevant)
- Personality Type Awareness (MBTI, Keirsey). There is no one recipe for everyone. People are different. I try to understand and accept each person’s legitimate individual personality, and guide them accordingly.
If you’d like to be in touch, either for further information or to set an appointment, the best way to contact me is by phone, at 809-4777.
If you prefer email, use the form below:
Meetings by appointment only.
Day, evening, and weekend hours.